From: "Walter Coe" <Whalt@xxxxxxx>
To: <DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, December 04, 2003 1:16 PM
Subject: [DMCForum] Re: Car Talk / accelerator versus gas pedal

> What's the difference between the accelerator pedal and
the gas pedal?

I try to not call gasoline "gas" because too many people
call it petrol.  So I just try to call it fuel.  Then I
suppose you could call the accelerator a fuel pedal or a
petrol pedal.

Well at least on a DeLorean I think it is more appropriately
called an air pedal because it only allows more air in the
engine -- not fuel.  More air pushes on the air/fuel
metering plate which pushes the pin on the fuel distributor
putting more fuel to the injectors.

Confused yet?

Walt

<http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12cvp44ss/M=267637.4116732.5333197.1261774/D=egro
upweb/S=1705126215:HM/EXP=1070654660/A=1853618/R=0/*http://www.netflix.com
/Default?mqso=60178338&partid=4116732> click here

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=267637.4116732.5333197.1261774/D=egroupm
ail/S=:HM/A=1853618/rand=935661964>