[DMCForum] Re: A/C Vacuum and Walt's Sister

[DMCForum] Re: A/C Vacuum and Walt's Sister

Slow down big boy...

I'm all for pulling vacuum with honest to goodness pump, but first
things first:

What are biographical details of sister? You didn't mention a
brother-in-law. Even if one is lurking in shadows, how happy is
happily married? Can you post a picture?

Re: vacuuming A/C w/ manifold vacuum: I only do that because I don't
have a stand alone pump (vs hand held gizmo for testing diaphragms and
tanks). Have you noticed I also use A/C compressor itself to pump
flushing fluid -- don't have air compressor either (don't stroke out:
pour flushing fluid into high side and disconnect low side from
compressor. That's where it breathes and dumps fluid from loose hose).
If you've got real tools for Rich & Mike, by all means use them.

Check out DMCNEWS Message #30175 -- I fully agree'd with you even way
back then that vacuuming A/C system absolutely essential.

Do all air conditioning work on 5 Lincolns and the DeLo myself (would
do AMC and truck too, but they never had it from the factory). 100%
success with $20 of tools and a couple of cans of freon (R134). Every
summer people of all marques moan and bewail their A/C. Every summer I
try to educate them to self service. Feel like a lonely prophet crying
out in the wilderness. Oh well, ain't my problem. *MY* windows are up.

BTW: How do you plan to carry all these hoses and tools on an
airplane? Security is going to have field day with you.

Bill Robertson

>--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Walter Coe" <Whalt@xxxx> wrote:
> Bill, I'm in _Florida_!  Mike tempted me to get a plane
> ticket to y'alls swar-ree (how do you spell that?) okay,
> party!  But on short notice that was too expensive.
> Besides, if I flew up there then my sister would expect me
> to come to see her too.  Then my mom would want to go too.
> That just got too complicated & expensive, so I didn't go.
>
> If you showed up to Mikes before Pigeon Forge, you would be
> complaining that I have a vacuum pump and say that the
> intake from whatever beast you are driving would pull a
> better vacuum.  Get real!  Pulling a good vacuum is
> essential.
>
> Walt

<http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12ciln9jp/M=267637.4116732.5333197.1261774/D=egro
upweb/S=1705126215:HM/EXP=1070523260/A=1853618/R=0/*http://www.netflix.com
/Default?mqso=60178338&partid=4116732> click here

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=267637.4116732.5333197.1261774/D=egroupm
ail/S=:HM/A=1853618/rand=224237985>