[DMCForum] "fork" hole in box... was SS heatshields?

[DMCForum] "fork" hole in box... was SS heatshields?

> Walter who has 5 delorean windshields

Samuel, you lost count!  Long story on the windshields...

I bought two because I needed two.  Ended up selling one to
a local friend who needed it worse.  The other one was
damaged.  I called up DMCH and asked for a replacement for
the damaged one.  They weren't too enthusiastic, so to
sweeten the deal, I offered to buy two extra making a total
of 3 windshields for the second shipment.  While this was
happening, said local friend installed only good windshield
from first shipment in his car and it broke 5 minutes later.
(Moral of the story, don't put the edge trim on so that it
pushes down on the glass.  Apparently that's why the
original windshield broke, too.)

The second shipment arrives, and before the delivery guy
leaves, I make him wait while I open the box.  All 3
windshields were broke!  Evidence suggests that someone
dropped it off the back of a truck where the box landed on
its side.  Two of the three windshields cut through the side
of the box where it hit the ground.  There was a hole on the
other side of the box, and despite evidence to the contrary,
the truck driver insisted that the windshields broke due to
a fork lift hole in the other side of the box.  Yeah, okay,
whatever as long as I don't get stuck with them.  So he
wrote on the invoice, "fuck hole in box."  I think the meant
to say "fork hole", but he spoke with a New York accent and
apparently wrote with one too.

So DMCH shipped me another 3 windshields.  This makes the
third shipment.  This time they put all the windshields in
separate boxes and strapped them standing up on a pallet, so
no one could furk hole it or lay it on its side.  These
windshields are nice ones, finally!  One got installed on
local friend's car, and I have two good ones (hopefully)
left.  Additionally I still have 3 broken ones and one
damaged one.  Including the focked ones, this makes a total
of 6!  And all this stuff is chronically clogging up a
garage stall.  The boxes are big!  And DMCH doesn't want me
throwing out the broken ones until they know for certain if
& when an adjuster is coming to inspect them.

The issue with the damaged one is that it is chipped in a
few places on the bottom edge and has a rust stain where
apparently a roof was leaking on it.  DMCH didn't want me
shipping it back to them for obvious reasons.  Think of them
as oversized egg shells.  They asked me to put it on eBay
and donate the proceeds to the MJF Foundation.  Okay, sounds
good, but I still have to crate it up, ship it and deal with
the insurance when it arrives at the destination probably
broken.

Windshields are a pain!  Hope you never break one.

The other DeLoreans & frames are long stories of their own.
Jeanie, where are you?

Walt

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=259395.3614674.4902533.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1524963/R=0/SIG=12o885gmo/*http://hits.411web.com/cgi-bin/autore
dir?camp=556&lineid=3614674?=egroupweb&pos=HM>

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=259395.3614674.4902533.1261774/D=egroupm
ail/S=:HM/A=1524963/rand=938341991>