From: James LaLonde [mailto:deloreandmcxii@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, November 03, 2003 3:33 PM
To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DMCForum] Wide accent side stripes

Apparently Houston never got around to actually making the
reproduction wide accent stripes, even though they did add them to
their site.
Kinda sucks, but as I always say
(say it with me now)
"At least they aren't D-1"

(side bar.. actually DMCH is a great company and this one little
mishap make no difference to me and I truely appreciate thier huge
contribution to the DeLorean and it's owners. Yay DMCH!)

Okay so...
Does anyone have a set of Wide dealer accent stripes? I bought a set
from a Company called TheLastPlaceYouLooked.com for my old car. I
heard it through the grapevine that DMCH threatened legal action
(surprise surprise) for the use of the DMC lettering.. and so TLPYL
stopped selling them. I thought Houston would at least buy out
TLPYL's stock... but apparently not. I can't even find that site
now... I have the invoice from the old set... but the URL is no
longer there.

The new set from TLPYL was slightly different than the original. The
DMC letters were holes through to the stainless as opposed to the
real-deal which were a gray printed section of vinyl with a chisel-3d
effect. I prefer the new style... but I'll settle for either.

Any leads? Anyone had anything like that custom made? Any ideas or
recommendations on custom decal shops?

Thanks!
James 004009

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=267637.4116719.5338353.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512