[DMCForum] what a/c accumulators do

BTW, catching up on reading DML posts from a few months ago
I read about Bill Robertson asking why the accumulator is
put after the evaporator on DeLoreans rather than before it
on other types of systems.  What it does is "accumulate"
liquid refrigerant that manages to get through the
evaporator without evaporating.  It holds this liquid in a
sump while it boils off.  The purpose is to trap any liquid
refrigerant before it makes it into the compressor.  The
compressor only pumps gas.  Liquid would break it.

Why am I so smart?  I read the Haynes Techbook on Automotive
Heating & Air Conditioning.  Bill, you would enjoy reading
this book.  It teaches the basics of CCOT systems and also
that "other" way that Lincoln does it.

Walt

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=267637.4116730.5333196.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1754451/R=0/SIG=11tm86fb5/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=6