[DMCForum] Re: Suspension Options for the DeLorean

[DMCForum] Re: Suspension Options for the DeLorean

After reading Capt. H2's post, I was interested in creating
a "touring ride" combination but Walt seems to feel that it wasn't
necessarily safe. The bummer is, this is the kind of thing you'd like
to "try before you buy".

If I could test a D that has the setup I'd like I might do it anyway.

My dad had a '79 Corvette. The ride seemed very harsh to me. I know
that's how it's supposed to be but that's not necessarily how I want
my car to be.

How many of you here think that a softer, touring style setup would
be a bad idea?

How difficult is it to replace the shocks? I've never done suspension
work before.

Rich

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Samuel <samuel_yahoo@xxxx> wrote:

> >I'll find out when I get the springs on.  What is stopping me is
finding a spring compressor that I feel safe using.

> I'm going to swap the setup at some point to the dmch performance
> package. Guess I'll have to get you to find a spring compressor you
like
> so we can have a fun weekend project on a couple of cars :)
>
> Samuel

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=243273.4089246.5300282.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1750744/R=0/SIG=129dfpji9/*http://servedby.advertising.com/click
/site=552006/bnum=1067436940438914> Click to learn more...

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=243273.4089246.5300282.1261774/D=egroupm
ail/S=:HM/A=1750744/rand=688373056>