  From: content22207 [mailto:brobertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
  Sent: Monday, October 13, 2003 4:16 PM
  To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Subject: [DMCForum] Re: 038 series vs 066 series CPR (Martin G)

  Re: 038 series CPR vacuum nipple next to electrical connector: 066
  series CPR has same nipple but uses connections on the side. Does
  Bosch only make one CPR upper housing? (Inactive in DeLo ap? Of course
  different part numbers are stamped into housing...) Do 066 internals
  in fact use as vent?

  May gamble the bucks just to see what a replacement does. Guaranteed
  new at what is probably same price to rebuild mine.

  See now why I like carburetors...

  Bill Robertson

  >--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Martin Gutkowski <webmaster@xxxx>
wrote:

  > >Have found new CPR at half usual price. Worth buying as a spare if
  > >nothing else. Same part # as regulator currently on car, but need to
  > >ensure is indeed correct for R30: 0-048-140-038 (no telling lineage
of
  > >my particular engine). Could you check with Darren...
  > >
  > 038 will be fine for your engine - I bet you got it off a Volvo.
  >

  > >BTW: Are you sure nipple next to electrical connection is a vacuum
  > >port? DeLo regulators treat as a vent.
  > >
  > 100% Yes. It's the accelleration enrichment.
  >
  > >Currently have it connected to
  > >manifold with no noticeable effect.
  > >
  > Probably needs rebuilding. It's common to see this, we sent off one
  last
  > week for this reason. You can use a gas analyser and unplug the vacuum
  > to it - with your finger on the hose, you should see the mixture go
up.

  > >Knowledgeable person at SEDOC
  > >claimed I'd suck raw gasoline into engine
  > >
  > Bollocks.
  >
  > Martin

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=259395.3614674.4902533.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1524963/R=0/SIG=12o885gmo/*http://hits.411web.com/cgi-bin/autore
dir?camp=556&lineid=3614674?=egroupweb&pos=HM>

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=259395.3614674.4902533.1261774/D=egroupm
ail/S=:HM/A=1524963/rand=155042348>