Re: [DMCForum] Re: Glitch #182

Rich, I chipped the corner off of a cobalt bit before.  This is my one and
only first ever bought splurge purchase of a cobalt bit.  Being cheap and
not having a variety of sizes of cobalt bits, I jumped too many sizes up
too
fast.  The proper procedure is to drill a small pilot hole and then use
progressively larger bits until you reach the final size.  It helps to use
cutting oil made for the job.  I bought some at a specialty store.  You
spray this oil on and it foams up & sticks instead of running off.  But at
the very least even WD-40 works decent.  You know the bit is too hot when
you see the oil smoke.  Then you spray more on and keep going until it
smokes again.

Does anyone have any advice on how to sharpen bits?  I have plenty of dull
or chipped bits that just need a new edge put on.

Walt

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=259395.3614674.4902533.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1524963/R=0/SIG=12o885gmo/*http://hits.411web.com/cgi-bin/autore
dir?camp=556&lineid=3614674?=egroupweb&pos=HM>

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=259395.3614674.4902533.1261774/D=egroupm
ail/S=:HM/A=1524963/rand=480019525>