Re: [DMCForum] Thoughts from a car show....

Re: [DMCForum] Thoughts from a car show....

I know how you feel Rich. My car always seemed to have something pop up at
the last minute that prevented me from showing it. I didn't get to go to
Memphis because my clutch went out a week or so before the show. Your time
will come though... eventually... lol. My car was actually fairly far down
the development curve mechanically, but it's a DeLorean... so things were
always popping up.

The couple of times I did show the car was absolutely a blast... I know
what you mean Mike. It just makes it worth the trouble when you see how
much it lights up peoples eyes when they see the car. I always let people
sit in mine... and I made sure to ask if they wanted a ride in it too. I
had a couple D owners do stuff like that for me when I was just getting
started in the hobby about 4 years ago, and let me tell you it made my
day... or year... or decade lol. I think it's easy to become jaded by the
little machines... because they can be so taxing on you. I know sometimes
I just wanted to be able to get gas without being bothered... because the
last thing I wanted to talk about was the stupid car that was kicking my
ass that day... lol. But I think Mike's got a good remedy for this... get
out and just show the car and enjoy it every once in a while! :-)

--- "cruznmd" <racuti1@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I envy you guys. Every time a car show or a social event happens that
I want to attend, my car or my schedule keeps me from going. If this
crap hadn't happened with my wheel, I would have attended the show.
The F'ing Navy is keeping me from the Fall tour next weekend.

Good job buddy!

Rich

share my experiencesÃâÂ.The car show was in Ocean City, MD. A very
popular beach resort on the Atlantic Ocean here in MD. They often
have events during the off season to attract off peak visitors. This
past weekend they had their annual fall show and there were cars from
1920s all the way up to a new Chrysler Crossfire.

> Here are my observations:
>
> I was the only Delorean there which is different then the usual
events I have attended. What made that nice is that you were not
really comparing your car with (and jealous of J) other Deloreans.
There were about 1500 cars in all and it was very crowded. Had it not
been raining it would have been even bigger.

> Once I put my doors up the car got more attention than I ever
imagined. At any given time there were about 15 people around the
car. I think at one point it hit 30. When I took a break and walked
around I could see my wife taking questions like a press secretary at
the white house.

Pre-order the updated second edition of  "DeLorean: Stainless Steel
Illusion" now! Details <a href="http://www.stainless-steel-illusion.com";
target="_blank">here!</a>

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=244522.3707890.4968055.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1595055/R=0/SIG=124j83ehr/*http://ashnin.com/clk/muryutaitakenat
togyo?YH=3707890&yhad=1595055> Click Here!

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=244522.3707890.4968055.1261774/D=egroupm
ail/S=:HM/A=1595055/rand=521601833>