[DMCForum] Re: The 2nd to last straw

If you want a POS car...go pick up a Countach, Ferrari, or Porsche.
I am having a hell of a time with a NSX right now.  The reality is,
no car is perfect, and each brand has its own little gremlins
(especially anything with LUCAS in it!).

I can tell you why I have a DeLorean...for the same reason anyone
would own a Countach, Ferrari, or Porsche...because it's a kick
ass
little car and a hell of a lot of fun!!  And certainly much MUCH
easier to work on than a pissy temperamental Acura NSX!

A lemon?  I think that any car over 20 years old could be considered
a lemon.  I certainly don't think my D is.

Am I "delusional"?  Gawd damn it I hope so!!  =)

$0.02
Dave

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Louie Golden <louie@xxxx> wrote:
> It *IS* amazing that all of us keep these little piece of shit
cars. I mean really, they're the most aweful little machines when it
comes down to it. No matter how much people try to say DeLoreans are
good cars... they were lemons to start with. My parents bought a '02
Expedition in January, and they're already selling it now because it
has little electrical glitches and stuff. During the first couple
years of DeLorean ownership it's a struggle to even keep the cars
RUNNING. I guess that's why I didn't shed alligator tears when I
lost mine... it was a sort of love/hate relationship when it comes
right down to it. Yet here I am... already pining after another
DeLorean before I've even gotten my insurance money for the first
one lol. I guess all this means is that all of us are seriously
delusional, yet very dedicated people. :-)

> --- "Andrei Cular" <acular@xxxx> wrote:
> Make sure to disconnect the battery.  If they use any electrical
welding
> technique the possibility exists to fry the computers.  The
dumbasses at a
> local mufflershop bought me a new ECU for my 240sx.
>

> Andrei

Steel Illusion" now! Details <a href="http://www.stainless-steel-
illusion.com" target="_blank">here!</a>

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=194081.3897168.5135684.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512