[DMCForum] Re: front transmission pushing (was Livin' the dream in 11472

[DMCForum] Re: front transmission pushing (was Livin' the dream in 11472)

Hi Greg.

I think I can field this question.
Marc nailed it, I think.  I think the "going downhill" analog is a
good one.

The front transmission won't be pushed along the ground as long as
it's in drive.  It will still be pulling the front of the car, even
though the little computer in there will probably wonder why it's so
easy.

You did hit on a similar problem, though.  While I'm driving around
with the rear engine off, and the rear transmission in neutral, the
bearings in the rear transmission suffer wear.  I installed a ATF
pump for the rear transmission to hopefully overcome this.  There's
an alarm right next to my head in the car to warn me of loss of ATF
pressure in the rear transmission, so I don't ruin it dragging it on
the ground all the time.  (but more about that when I update the site)

Rick

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=194081.3897168.5135684.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1706996/R=0/SIG=11p5b9ris/*http://www.ediets.com/start.cfm?code=
30509&media=atkins> click here