[DMCForum] Re: transmission questions (was Livin' the dream in 11472)

[DMCForum] Re: transmission questions (was Livin' the dream in 11472)

As long as the car hits 88mph at precisely the instant that the
lightning strikes the clock tower, the transmissions should be fine.
I think Jim and Greg are both right.  (How uncharacteristically
diplomatic of me)  I don't consider them the transmissions
mechanically connected, like Jim does, but I think that they will
have a small effect on each other, sort of like Greg does.

I'm pretty sure that each transmission will just "think" it's going
downhill, and shift a little bit early, because it senses that the
car is accelerating a little faster than the applied power should be
accelerating it.

If, on the other hand, I screw up the software or shift linkage in a
way that allows one transmission to shift into park or reverse while
the other is driving, everything will NOT be fine.
I've worked out a lot of things in advance, but there's always the
potential for surprises, both pleasant and unpleasant.

Rick

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "timnagin" <timnagin@xxxx> wrote:
> >The engines, and therefore wheels, are not connected, so there
will be no
> >drag or slip.
>
> The engines and transmissions may occupy their own space but they
are still
> mechanically connected by the over all vehicle as one system, so
they will
> still have an effect on each other.  I am sure Rick has worked all
of this
> out, but I do wonder how that front transmission will work out.
>
> >Like stacking batteries, the energy will add, not subtract.
>
> Close, but not exactly.
>
> Greg

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=194081.3897168.5135684.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1732163/R=0/SIG=11n0nglqg/*http://www.ediets.com/start.cfm?code=