Re: [DMCForum] Re: fuel injected aircraft

Re: [DMCForum] Re: fuel injected aircraft

>>This Checksix guy obviously has problems in life and his
>>attitude on the list shows that. I'm sure in person he is not the
>>most pleasant person to be around.<
>>

>Of course. Those here who know me better will tell you just how many
>problems I have and how bad a guy I really am.

I think it comes down to the difference between you and my good friend
Simon. None of you know who that is, but he's a guy who knows a lot
about a lot of things, having spent years tinkering, playing, building,
breaking and generally learning. But to discover that, you have to know
him for a long time and await the times when he feels like sharing that
knowledge. It's at moments like that that I suddenly start to learn -
it's got to the point when I have to say things like "I know you're
right, but I don't understand why. Teach me" - then I start to hear all
about mass air flow metering and why in a japanese turbo engine the ecu
will always meter the correct amount of fuel no matter how much boost
you throw at it, and how it does it, whereas Vauxhall and Ford use
basically a look-up table in their ecu based on how fast the engine is
turning - hence upping boost will result in your engine going bang
because the ecu needs to be re-mapped. On another day, I hear about how
a limited slip differential works and why his skyline always squeaks
when going round right-hand corners but not left hand corners, and what
he needs to do to fix it...... but I digress. Gary is the opposite - he
tells anyone who wants to listen. If you choose not to listen, fine. The
problem is making an issue of not wanting to listen, and think how that
makes you seem to Gary.

>My name is Erik Geerdink, I live in Holland Michigan.<
>

>Hello Erik, thats a great last name you have there. Btw, have you
>ever been a victim of identiy theft?

I think given my surname, Erik will forgive me for finding that remark
extremely funny.

>I completely agree. It's his car and he can do as he wishes, it
>wasn't my intent to say he couldn't. He can put stone Flintstone
>wheels on it and push it with his feet if he likes. Come to think
>of it, he'd probably see that as progress.

It's rare to see an american with such a well developed British sense of
humour :-)

>>This guy just runs around in the park with a sharp stick popping
>>

>everyone's bubble.
>
>You'd be astonished at how blunt my stick is.<

Stop, my sides are aching (and so too are the sides of the small crowd
gathered behind me!)

>The average Honda or Toyota will outlast practically anything on the
>road. If you think older automotive technology is better than new you
>clearly don't understand the new.

I am prompted to post a link to a page written by a very interesting
australian man. Skip the essays that are not car/engine related and you
will still be left with several that you can learn a lot from

http://www.abc.net.au/science/k2/trek/default.htm

Here's a quote that is pertinent to the last comment

I have changed the oil about 86 times. It seems to have paid off. The
engine finally died after 240,000 km - not bad for a 1,400 cc Japanese
engine, that mostly ran in the city under stop-start conditions. Ron at
Coltspeed told me I now hold the record (at his garage) for getting the
longest life from a Mitsubishi engine - the previous record being
230,000 km.

>Don't put it near that bed of silicone you used to seal the intake,
>it might get stuck. Hey, you're the one who was complaining the car
>took all your time, money, and patience, not me. If you have to put
>that much into it to get it to be reliable there can only be two
>possible explantions. 1) It's a POS to begin with. 2) It needs a
>better mechanic. Which is it?

Ooooh, that hurt.

Martin

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=194081.3897168.5135684.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512