[DMCForum] Re: fuel injected aircraft

>I feel sorry for people like this.<

Hey thanks, I appreciate your sympathy. I'd have never
gotten to where I am without help from people like you.

>Someone who can call a complete stranger these horrible things is
not someone I would like to associate myself with.<

I'll admit, my communication skills have been developed to impart
information in a logical, concise and accurate way and sometimes tact
and discreetness fall victim to such a mindset but I see no "horrible
things". I'll try to do better. Then again, I'm here to help, not to
make pals. Judging by the requests I get off list people seem to know
which is more important.

>This Checksix guy obviously has problems in life and his
> attitude on the list shows that. I'm sure in person he is not the
> most pleasant person to be around.<

Of course. Those here who know me better will tell you just how many
problems I have and how bad a guy I really am.

>If he acts this way on the forum to complete strangers, imagine how
he is in person.<

Yes, just imagine! ;)

> My name is Erik Geerdink, I live in Holland Michigan.<

Hello Erik, thats a great last name you have there. Btw, have you
ever been a victim of identiy theft?

> How could I laugh at a near perfect stranger who drives all the
> way up to my house in Maryland from the Carolinas to help me shoe-
horn my transmission in, in the dark and rain without proper tools?<

Never said he wasn't a nice guy, he seems very willing to help.
But disseminating inaccurate information does harm to those
who want the facts. It's nice he helped you with your car. If he
continues maybe someday it'll run just like his.

> It's your car, if you want to slap a carb on it, I'm not going to
> say boo and the -rest- of us shouldn't either. Same as smashing one
at an air show. I think it's a waste but I'm not going to tell anyone
not to do it.<

I completely agree. It's his car and he can do as he wishes, it
wasn't my intent to say he couldn't. He can put stone Flintstone
wheels on it and push it with his feet if he likes. Come to think
of it, he'd probably see that as progress.

> This guy just runs around in the park with a sharp stick popping
everyone's bubble.

You'd be astonished at how blunt my stick is.<

>Forget him.<

Wise advice indeed! ;)

>Because it allows you to fly upside down. Know a little about
> aviation history too...<

Very little it seems. You're wrong, the vast majority of injected
aircraft are not certified to "fly uspide down". (The correct term is
inverted.) I was addressing the reliability issues of FI in aircraft
use, not it's ability to operate inverted. Does your knowledge of
aviation history also tell you what happens to the oil in such a
flight attitude? Does FI take care of that too?

>Hmm, YOU'RE calling ME a "grumpy old man?" THAT'S funny. BTW:
I'm 38.<

38?? My apologies, I had no idea. Now that I better understand the
situation I realize any further attempts to change your mind would
be absolutely futile.

> Re: modern cars -- has anyone ever noticed how many old domestic
> cars are still tooling up & down America's byways vs Europe? Has
> anyone ever priced parts for those cars vs new models?<<

Maybe in the South where such cars reign supreme. (It's often joked
how this region of the country is stuck in time.) In the rest of the
US you'll see more older European or Japanese cars than dosmestic.
Dukes of Hazard efforts not withstanding, those cars last far longer
than domestics...and for good reasons.

>Forward progression of time does not automatically equal "progress."<

It does in technology. Everything else is a matter of opinion or
taste, such as how a car's styling appeals. Yes, parts are more
expensive because the technology (materials, engineering talent and
manufacturing methods involved) are more expensive. If you don't
think the cost of doing business (salaries, materials, quality
control, etc) has changed in 20 years then you *are* stuck in the
past. The Delorean failed because people didn't want it and it would
fail miserably if marketed today for the same reason. Today's value
of used ones reflects that. Try to sell your old domestic cars and
see what they'll bring. My point is you're in a minority, most people
don't feel as you do.

>IMHO we've entered age of the disposable automobile. People get the
good out of them then crush them to be made into something even
uglier (poor designers have lost all their T squares.<

T squares? Thank God those days are gone. Ever heard of Cad/Cam?
The average Honda or Toyota will outlast practically anything on the
road. If you think older automotive technology is better than new you
clearly don't understand the new.

>Am totally underwhelmed by extensive use of plastic (Sunday
am going to junk yard with fellow from church to find METAL
window cranks to replace his plastic ones.<

Plastic? There is no such thing, the term refers to a material's
properties. For chemical inertness, strength to weight ratio,
corrosion resistance, and manufacturing ease composites and polymers
are *far* superiour to metals in almost every case. A resistance to
their acceptance is a classic sign of old fashioned thinking.

> Now if you'll excuse me I have to go put finishing touches on my
little silver car for SEDOC. That's right -- ANOTHER 1,000 mile
> trip or #5939. Since I don't know what I'm doing, perhaps you'll
> tell me where put wrench...<

Don't put it near that bed of silicone you used to seal the intake,
it might get stuck. Hey, you're the one who was complaining the car
took all your time, money, and patience, not me. If you have to put
that much into it to get it to be reliable there can only be two
possible explantions. 1) It's a POS to begin with. 2) It needs a
better mechanic. Which is it?

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=194081.3897168.5135684.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1706996/R=0/SIG=11p5b9ris/*http://www.ediets.com/start.cfm?code=
30509&media=atkins> click here