Re: [DMCForum] dizzy advance cut-off solenoid

Re: [DMCForum] dizzy advance cut-off solenoid

I've seen three that have failed and all fail such that you can freely
suck air through the diaphragm. That said, I was also in the dizzy at
the time and could see that the coil (?*) was free to move

Martin

* I mean that coil with the single turn that creates the spark, the bit
wot is moved by the vac advance diaphragm. Oh soddit.

checksix3 wrote:

> Walt, thats a three way valve. Be sure the hoses go back exactly as
>they came off...it matters in a big way. Look at your vac schematic.
>
>You should check your vac advance diaphram everytime you do a tune
>it. Use a Mitey Vac or a timing light if don't have a hand pump.
>Sucking on it and seeing if it moves is a lousy way to test it.
>Better to do a leak down test, that way you'll catch a small leak
>early on.

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=194081.3897168.5135684.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1732161/R=0/SIG=11p5b9ris/*http://www.ediets.com/start.cfm?code=
30509&media=atkins> click here