[DMCForum] Alternator woes

Before I spend out on a new alternator after my recent starting issues I
thought I would have a play today, Nothing to lose.

1.  Cleaned and checked all grounds around the car
2. Paid particular attention to the alternator ground
3. Cleaned all contacts to the alternator
4. Added an additional earth strap from the battery to the starter (
recommended for better starting)
5. Adjusted alternator belt.

Results and findings

The alternator belt must need replacing, bracket is now at full adjustment
Starts hell of a lot better and on less of a crank
Now idles with the volts reading well over the 13 mark, Drops below 13
when I turn everything electric I possibly can on.
Also it seems to idle  much smoother when warm ??? possible coincidence??

Other jobs I did today

Re tightened my Toby TABS as the passenger side was loose (1/2 turn) These
are double nutted, could it have stretched? I have heard of some bending..

New anti squeal shims all round after an embarrassing day of braking
yesterday.

All in all a jolly good day ;-)

Paul

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=244522.3707890.4968055.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1595055/R=0/SIG=124j83ehr/*http://ashnin.com/clk/muryutaitakenat
togyo?YH=3707890&yhad=1595055> Click Here!

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=244522.3707890.4968055.1261774/D=egroupm
ail/S=:HM/A=1595055/rand=191267066>