[DMCForum] Re: Are they looking at me???

[DMCForum] Re: Are they looking at me???

People in my area must be totally used to seeing a Delorean driving
around.  I don't get many gawkers at my car.  the occasionaly 5 year
old will be plastered to the rear window of his parents minivan, but
thats about it.  Oh well.  I still love the car.

Erik

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "cruznmd" <racuti1@xxxx> wrote:
> So...
>
> Sunday, on the advice of Matt Sommer (another Maryland owner) I
took
> my car to the Silver Diner car show. Only 28 miles away.
>
> I got lost, ran out of gas and blew the dash services fuse. I'm no
> dummy though. I had a pace car just in case.
>
> 5 gallons, 1 10 amp fuse and 20 miles later I arrived. It was what
> expected; rows of gleaming classic Caddy's, Mustangs etc, chrome
and
> braided hoses as far as the eye could see.
>
> What I didn't expect was that my car would draw off 1/3 of the
crowd
> just pulling into the lot. I wasn't there to show, I just wanted
> look at the other cars. I didn't even get the engine shut off! As
> soon as I popped the door I had like 4 people snapping photos and
> several others ooohing and ahhing over it. I didn't know whether
> be flattered or humiliated because my car is kind of fugly right
now
> with the cracked dash, droopy headliner and cracked windshield.
>
> I locked up my valuables and left the doors open for folks to look
> in. My 9 year old stayed behind and answered questions as my P.R.
rep.

> On to business:
>
> My wife said I was choking her with fumes as she rode behind me.
> Plus, I -drank- fuel. Too rich. No brainer there. Shallow
> acceleration/lack of horsepower. I was thinking this may be a
lambda
> problem because the dwell meter is all over the road but that's
just
> supposed to be fine-tuning for emissions. My fuel injection manual
> keeps pointing to the control pressure regulator for flat
> acceleration, but it's brand-new. I have another brand-new
regulator
> to test with so I guess I'll start with that today.
>
> No amount of fooling with the CO screw gets me the minimum
> performance this car is supposed to have.
>
> At least I had fun!
>
> Rich

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=244522.3707890.4968055.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1595056/R=0/SIG=124p07ne0/*http://ashnin.com/clk/muryutaitakenat
togyo?YH=3707890&yhad=1595056> Click Here!

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=244522.3707890.4968055.1261774/D=egroupm
ail/S=:HM/A=1595056/rand=147140904>