Re: [DMCForum] Re: Ass hat (long)

Whores open their wallets for you?  Usually it's the other way around.
Avi must be hung like a... well, nevermind -- that's not the point.

In any event, boys will be boys.  There will always be the completely
pointless jockeying to be the Alpha Idiot.  Contests to see who is more
powerful, "l33t", or whatever will continue.  Erik is right -- boys who
talk like this at present will look back on this years from now and feel
like an idiot.

Avi is on the right track.  Working for what you want is a sign of
maturity.  Expecting it to be handed to you like a baby bottle to a crying
infant gets you nowhere.  You want a DeLorean?  What's your (realistic)
plan to get one?  Do you have a job?  (And don't tell me you're only 15 --
I was cutting grass and shovelling snow from age 12 on and earning $50-$60
per week.  How about a bank account?

Have you approached your parents about "matching contributions"?  They may
be more than happy to chip in money towards your cause... as they will
know that if you work for something, you are going to treat it much better
and much more responsibly than if not.  The same principle applies later
in life -- it's not that easy to get a loan on a house or car unless you
lay out a bunch of cash up front.  They're checking to see if you are
responsible enough to budget for the things you really want.  Oh -- and
treat them with a little respect.  Would you give money to someone who
demands it, and then calls you a jerk?

Long & short of it: you will be treated like you treat others, and your
words/actions will dictate what others think of you.  If you want folks to
be helpful, be helpful yourself.  If you want to be treated like an adult,
stop the namecalling.  If you want a DeLorean, start earning the money.

These are not principles I made up myself... this is life.  If you refuse
to believe it, then you have more growing up to do than you think.

-Dave