RE: [DMCForum] Re: One nit-picky question

RE: [DMCForum] Re: One nit-picky question

Yeah. I wasn't afraid of it being in the oil pan. I should be so lucky.

I let it eat at me and eat at me all day long so I took the cover off.
After
a few minutes of searching I gave up and was about to put the cover back
on
when I found it, wedged between the two of the chains and the drive shaft.
had to turn the engine a little and was able to free it. It's now in its
rightful place.

Needless to say, now I'm running over in my head all the details. Now I'm
wondering if I reset timing chain piston screw. I'm 90% sure I did but
this
whole washer incident has got me all flustered.

That
>   > didn't
>   > > give me quite enough room so I removed the tensioning arm just
>   > below it.
>   > > This gave me the room I needed to slip the sprocket back on.
>   > >
>   > > However, when I took the tensioning arm off, I thought I heard the
>   > distinct
>   > > jingle of metal falling and hitting metal. I never saw anything
and
>   > could
>   > > never figure out what fell. Apparently a washer that rests against
>   > the
>   > > engine block fell when I removed the tensioner.
>   > >
>   > > If you look at items 12, 13, and 14 you'll see my concern.
>   > >
>   > > http://www.usadmc.com/dmcstore/ViewDir.asp?PageID=9
<http://www.usadmc.com/dmcstore/ViewDir.asp?PageID=9&PageCat=1%>
&PageCat=1%
>   > 2DEngine
>   > >
>   > > My question is, how crucial is this little washer? Should I take
>   > the cover
>   > > off (oh jeez, not again) and reinstall it?
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
>

>         Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=251812.3170658.4537139.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1693353/R=0/SIG=11t71ok4g/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=6