[DMCForum] Re: Out.

Ok,

Let me clarify the shrieking noise.

1. When the engine ran before I changed the headgaskets, I had
excellent oil pressure.
2. I did not remove or tamper with the oil pump, or remove the cover.
3. I work outside (like Bill Robertson). The engine was exposed, but
covered. I kept the exposed parts clean but they were still exposed
and things got dry.
4. When I drained the oil pan to do the head gasket job, I got a ton
of raw fuel due to faulty fuel components. The oil was washed away by
fuel, the whole engine got kind of dried out so it squeaks.

5. Taking some advice, I put a bit of oil in the sparkplug holes to
pre-lube the engine. It works. The engine doesn't squeak or make ANY
untoward noises. BUT, when enough unburned fuel enters the combustion
chamber, is washes it away and the squeak returns.

I need the engine to fire to suck up some oil from the sump and pump
it to the top. You will not achieve normal oil pressure from the
starter.

I have a new Optima battery. The engine just seems tight from a
combination of being really dry and having good compression from new
head gaskets.

Martin, because of something you said, I suspect my head gaskets were
blown long before I bought my car because the bolts did have rust at
the threads. I cleaned them up and inspected them. I would not have
reused them if any appreciable loss of material was evident. I have
the old gaskets and I'll take a photo of an area I consider suspect.
I think you'll find it interesting.

Rich

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "cruznmd" <racuti1@xxxx> wrote:
> --- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "timnagin" <timnagin@xxxx> wrote:
> > >For what it's worth, I tried to start it a little later and it
damn
> > >near caught. It was the strongest sputter I had yet. I just can't
> > >tell what it wants. More gas, less gas, better spark or what.
> >
> > Now that you have replaced the entire fuel system, do you smell
or
> see any
> > raw fuel at the exhaust tips?
>
> No, not really. There are at least a couple of cylinders firing
> weakly. That causes a faint, semi-burned smell but you have -shove-
> your nose into the pipe to smell it at all.
>
> I rather felt like a dog greeting another dog.

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=194081.3551198.4824677.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1663535/R=0/SIG=11ps6rfef/*http://www.ediets.com/start.cfm?code=
30504&media=atkins> click here

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=194081.3551198.4824677.1261774/D=egroupm