[DMCForum] Re: Damn it! busted!

On 13-07-2003 03:40, timnagin wrote:

> This is easy to beat.  All you need to do is get a written
> statement from a mechanic who can state you had faulty or
> defective equipment.
[snip]
> I did this and they threw the ticket out without hesitation.

I wish it was that easy over here!
In The Netherlands the driver is responsible for checking
his/her vehicle for faulty equipment. A Speedo is mandatory
on a car, so it HAS to work (correctly) if not they can
fine you for that too!

Eric, how much did they fine you for?
I got trapped doing 96kmh on an 80kmh road (60MPH instead
of 50) with my Nissan and got a fine for about $40,-
We do have something called "measurement correction" to
compensate for the tolerances in my speedo and their radar
trap, so I was fined for 8miles (13km) instead of 16...
(else it would have cost me $63,-)

Just a comparison...

JAN van de Wouw

Thinking Different...   Using a Mac...