[DMCForum] Re: The Moment of Truth

Excellent gentlemen. I will do both of your suggestions, find the
mark on the dizzy body and rotate the engine one more revolution.
Both probably had something to do with it.

Now if I could just fart off the rest of work today...

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jan van de Wouw" <delorean@xxxx>
wrote:
> --- In DMCForum, "cruznmd"  wrote:
>
> > I think it's the timing. I feel very confident
> > that I set the chains, pistons, and valves correctly.
> > I rotated the engine by hand, and nothing was
> > interfering. The distributor though...
> >
> > Here's what I did: Set piston 1 at TDC.
>
> Ehm...
> You did take the correct TDC?
>
> Remember that your crank turns twice for
> every one rotation of the distributor...
>
> There's a TDC between at the end of the compression
> stroke, just before firing and there's one between
> inlet and outlet...
> If you accidentally get the second one (like we did :-( )
> you'll get backfires on either the exhaust or the inlet,
> depending on your timing...
>
> Take OFF the dizzy, turn the crank ONE turn and re-time,
> chances are that's all...
>
> Good luck,
>
> Jan van de Wouw
> Thinking Different...   Using a Mac...
> Living the Dream...   Driving a DeLorean...
>
> #05141 "Dagger" since Sept. 2000

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=244522.3512152.4794593.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1595054/R=0/SIG=124f8kfa7/*http://ashnin.com/clk/muryutaitakenat
togyo?YH=3512152&yhad=1595054> Click Here!

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=244522.3512152.4794593.1261774/D=egroupm
ail/S=:HM/A=1595054/rand=155971803>