Re: [DMCForum] The Moment of Truth

You're supposed to line the rotor arm up with the little notch on the
edge of the dizzy body.... That'll give you your 13 degrees. Try
loosening the dizzy adjustment and while your friend is cranking it,
twiddle with the dizzy and see if you can get it to fire. You might have
to take the dizzy out again.

Martin

cruznmd wrote:

>Ok kids, here's what's happening:
>
>I bought a big honkin' Optima battery. I discovered my grounds and
>battery connections weren't that great so I cleaned them up. That
>finally got the starter to engage. Hooked up the alternator belt and
>the little wire for the "discharge" light on the dash. Oil, coolant,
>etc.
>
>By now, it was getting dark, so I didn't fool with it for long.
>
>The engine squeaks. It's -bone dry-. I did my best to get the timing
>as close as I could, but the car didn't start. It tried once or
>twice. I had a helper crank the engine, and I felt it puff a feeble
>sort of back fire a couple of times.
>
>I think it's the timing. I feel very confident that I set the chains,
>pistons, and valves correctly. I rotated the engine by hand, and
>nothing was interfering. The distributor though...
>
>Here's what I did: Set piston 1 at TDC. Then I set the rotor in the
>distributor in line with electrode #1 in distro cap. I then installed
>the distributor and put the cap on, making sure they were still in
>line.
>
>Hm...TDC? It's supposed to be 13 degrees -before- TDC, right? Am I an
>entire gear tooth off, or can I adjust 13 degrees with the swing in
>the distributor?
>
>The really good news? The engine isn't pukeing any fluids.
>
>Come on guys, I'm close. Help me out, I want to go to Pigeon Forge!
>
>Rich

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=244522.3512152.4794593.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1595053/R=0/SIG=1245der9k/*http://ashnin.com/clk/muryutaitakenat
togyo?YH=3512152&yhad=1595053> Click Here!

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=244522.3512152.4794593.1261774/D=egroupm
ail/S=:HM/A=1595053/rand=799969357>