Re: [DMCForum] Hot Start???? Not Quite!!

Re: [DMCForum] Hot Start???? Not Quite!!

Hi Paul,

Martin's suggestion is very good.  And also consider that your car may not
have the starter solenoid circuit modification as per service bulletin
ST-05-0/82.  This should only affect VINs prior to 2547, but you never
know.

Also suspect your starter rebuild.  I hear that parts that should be
replaced during a normal rebuild are either very rare or unavailable.  It
may be the case that your shop took some short cuts.

If the car does it again, crawl under it with a test light and check to
see
if the starting signal is making it to the starter solenoid.  You would
need
someone in the car to turn the key and trust them not to run over you. ;-)

As for your bizarre episode of RPM fluctuation at idle, I suspect a vacuum
leak or the idle speed ECU needs some chips replaced.  Someone on your
side
of the pond has done several ECUs so far for DOC members, but I don't
remember his name off hand.  If this turns out to be an
occasional/intermittent problem then I would suspect electrical before I
would vacuum.

Walt

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=244522.3512152.4794593.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1595055/R=0/SIG=1247d4o3g/*http://ashnin.com/clk/muryutaitakenat
togyo?YH=3512152&yhad=1595055> Click Here!

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=244522.3512152.4794593.1261774/D=egroupm
ail/S=:HM/A=1595055/rand=326887193>