[DMCForum] Re: Overheating problem

True..I was mistaken that pressure would keep fluid from flowing into
the coolant bottle, but I've still seen vehicles blow the radiator
apart because the cap failed to vent.

Now that I think about it, that was a combination of problems though.
The truck in referrance overheated because of a snapped waterpump
belt. Then the cap failed to vent and popped some seams.

But I've noted that some folks are leaning towards the stuck
thermostat theory, which I also like.

I dunno...I guess I have a lot of balls posting my advice when I blew
up my own engine and have done a questionable repair job.

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Martin Gutkowski <webmaster@xxxx>
wrote:
> Run the car from cold with the header cap off. Do you see the pee
of
> water coming in through the return line? This could be either
>
> a) Water pump failure
> b) Blocked radiator
>
> If you DO see the water circulating, check when the engine is
getting
> hot, than both the elbow pipes going to the top of the pump are
getting
> hot at the same rate. If one is substaintially hotter than the
other,
> your thermostat has failed.
>
> Get back to me with answers to these questins and we can go from
there

> Martin
>

> Walter Coe wrote:
>

> >Interesting theory, but EEENGK!  The pressure should be about the
same
> >throughout the whole system.  Anyone here good at fluid dynamics?
Andrei?
> >Martin?  A good pump shouldn't have any problems producing enough
of a
> >gradient to get the piss stream to flow in the header bottle.

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=249982.3512844.4795476.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1524963/R=0/SIG=12o72ctft/*http://hits.411web.com/cgi-bin/autore
dir?camp=556&lineid=3512844?=egroupweb&pos=HM>

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=249982.3512844.4795476.1261774/D=egroupm
ail/S=:HM/A=1524963/rand=970572506>