Re: [DMCForum] Oligopolistic Competition

Re: [DMCForum] Oligopolistic Competition

...but if Bosch didn't maintain their quality, other alternatives would
look appealing to manufacturers. Bosch get to the top of the pile only
by reputation - they are not a natural monopoly. All D vendors provide
an excellent service (or at least, the ones I've used have).

I'm not sure of your point.

Martin

John Hervey wrote:

>Martin, Isn't it already done in the industry any way. I'm looking at a
>Bosch Master Automotive price sheet that has
>List, Dealer and Jobber and I have contracted for even a better price. So
>Bosch is setting the price and everybody uses it for the guide. Knowing
this
>and the cost I get is one of the reasons that prices can go lower.
>What I was talking about is called a WD ( Warehouse Distributor ) That
buys
>way  below Jobber and then sells the corner box retail at a fixed price (
>like 20% off jobber ) to all but they are also selling to all the corner
>retail stores the same. If you ever noticed over here, the independent
>retail stores are at a disadvantage because of the huge amount of
inventory
>that would have to be carried, so most run trucks all day back and fourth
>the WD picking up parts.. Least that is the way a lot of it is done over
>here. The auto zones and large stores will buy the bulk of the inventory
>direct from the factory like Bosch and pocket the profit because they
sell
>at the published prices unless they just want to discount. Then again if
>they want to they may use a WD, but they don't make the profit.
>John

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=247865.3425083.4707139.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1482387/R=0/SIG=16nhttni5/*http://ads.x10.com/?bHlhaG9vaG0xLmRhd
=1055532537%3eM=247865.3425083.4707139.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705126215:HM
/A=1482387/R=1=1055532537%3eM=247865.3425083.4707139.1261774/D=egroupweb/S
=1705126215:HM/A=1482387/R=2>

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=247865.3425083.4707139.1261774/D=egroupm
ail/S=:HM/A=1482387/rand=547187120>