Re: [DMCForum] Joint Ventures, tank senders, keys, etc.

Re: [DMCForum] Joint Ventures, tank senders, keys, etc.

James,

What I do know (and I am sure you and other long time
DeLorean owners can agree on) is that after DMCH
purchased the parts from KPAC the prices went WAY UP
on just about any part I was familiar with at the
time.  This is the #2 thorn I have about DMCH, the
cost of DeLorean ownership has gone UP.

A- Reliable sources at the time of the sale said KPAC
was looking to get well under 1 Million dollars for
the entire inventory.  The number was close to $600K.
In preparation for your response, your correct this is
just hearsay..

B- A lot of money was spent to build a new facility in
Houston, then more money spent to move the parts from
Ohio.  Was this necessary?  I don't think so, yet that
cost is being passed on to EVERY DeLorean owner no
matter who they buy their parts from.  To a guy like
me who knows a bit of history about the DeLorean
"players", the whole process of the new facility and
parts move looked like Stephen's way of getting
revenge on Ed.   In addition, if the goal is to turn
the investment around then as with all sales
businesses you want to keep items in stock for a short
a time as possible.

C- Yes, very true!  But is this a blanket assumption
when deciding the sale price of a part?  We have read
your posts talking about how there an over abundance
of specific parts, so many that you could never sell
them all.  So, why not drop the price of those rarely
used parts?

Again, I do like the fact that DMCH is working to
build new and improved parts.  My comment/question was
related to how those parts are chosen.  I believe you
answered that, so thank you.

Marc

--- James Espey <james@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
<SNIP>
> Marc continued:
> > It's a shame that not only does DMCH keep
> > the parts that only they have artificaly high, but
> they also have to
> > try and under cut any item the other vendors dont
> buy from them.
>
> Who's to say that it's artificial? You have no idea:
>
> a) what we paid for the inventory
> b) what it costs to warehouse and maintain the
> inventory
> c) what replacement costs will be when that
> inventory is depleted

<SNIP>

http://calendar.yahoo.com

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=247865.3425083.4707139.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1482387/R=0/SIG=16nnf7sqa/*http://ads.x10.com/?bHlhaG9vaG0xLmRhd
=1055452445%3eM=247865.3425083.4707139.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705126215:HM
/A=1482387/R=1=1055452445%3eM=247865.3425083.4707139.1261774/D=egroupweb/S
=1705126215:HM/A=1482387/R=2>

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=247865.3425083.4707139.1261774/D=egroupm
ail/S=:HM/A=1482387/rand=196614796>