Re: [DMCForum] a crappy running engine

Most of my free time lately has been devoted to getting my engine back
together so that I can make it to our meeting at Ken's this Sunday.  A
bolt
holding the intake manifold on had broke, so today I drilled that out and
messed up the threads in the process.  I got a 7mm x1 thread repair kit to
fix it.

The casting voids on top of this engine were totally filled up with what
looked like cat litter.  It was so thorough, in fact, that it looked like
it
was done on purpose.  I can't see how normal driving would get that much
in
there.  I bought this as a clean 8600 mile car.  I'm planning on filling
these voids with hi-temp RTV.

I found some carbon traces in the distributor -- enough to cause the power
lag I was experiencing.  I'm sure that this was caused by having the plugs
over-gapped.  There was a lot of voltage and nowhere to go.

Walt

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=249982.3179269.4495679.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1524963/R=0/SIG=12ongbbsq/*http://hits.411web.com/cgi-bin/autore
dir?camp=556&lineid=3179269?=egroupweb&pos=HM>

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=249982.3179269.4495679.1261774/D=egroupm
ail/S=:HM/A=1524963/rand=934523196>