[DMCForum] DMCH's digital speedo

We did have a prototype done very quickly and found that to make them in
the
quantity we could foresee a demand (about 1,000) that the retail price
would
have to be about $600, and require a replacement speedometer head, too.
Then
we got a call from the original maker of the angle drives, offering us
them
at what seemed like a reasonable price. After negotiating to make them out
of better material, the supplier balked and said if they were fine for the
original DMC, then they should be fine for us (!). In the end, their price
went WAY up, too. Now we're having them remade on our own and they should
retail for about $80 each. I expect the final samples to come in in the
next
week or two and then 60 days later for full production to be completed.
Testing is the part that takes a great deal of time, because we test them
on
many different cars in different parts of the USA with different clients.
Obviously, we'll sell a lot more units at $80 than at $600 which then
let's
us put the proceeds into another product...like fuse boxes. Anyway, the
digital one is still on my shelf here waiting for a better idea/price.

James

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=249982.3179269.4495679.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1524963/R=0/SIG=12ongbbsq/*http://hits.411web.com/cgi-bin/autore
dir?camp=556&lineid=3179269?=egroupweb&pos=HM>

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=249982.3179269.4495679.1261774/D=egroupm
ail/S=:HM/A=1524963/rand=486984183>