Re: [DMCForum] Antenna Fuse

That is exactly what i was going to do about my fuse since no one
answered my question until now, thanks Walt.

The problem is that my car does have a new antenna on it now but they
used all of the old melted wiring, this wire got so hot it melted the
wire braids together in some spots. The car must of smelt like hell when
this happened because the wire was stuck to parts of the car with
dripping plastic. I ran all new wires off the new harness on the antenna
to the original power location on my circuit breaker and installed a
fuse holder now i will test different fuse sizes.

Mark

Walter Coe wrote:

>  > What size fuse will i need for my power antenna?
>
> Since no one else has answered this question, I'll offer my educated
> guess.
> I suppose that the installation directions for the original antenna
> relocation kit offered by DMC should specify the proper value.  And
> the kit
> should come with a fuse of the proper value.  But what is this value?
> just checked a restoration project car that has this kind of antenna,
> and
> the fuse holder is empty!
>
> So my educated guess is that the fuse should be not less than 5 amps
> and not
> more than 10 amps.  First start with a 5 amp fuse.  If this blows then
> try a
> 7.5 amp fuse.  If it blows on that then try a 10 amp fuse but watch it
>
> closely.  If with a 10 amp fuse it blows or the motor stalls and does
> not
> blow the fuse then try a new antenna motor with a 5 amp fuse.  A 10
> amp fuse
> may be pushing the safety limit.
>
> Let us know what you find so that we can add it to the presently
> non-existent technical section here.
>
> Walt

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=244522.3313099.4604523.1512248/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1595053/R=0/*http://ashnin.com/clk/muryutaitakenattogyo?YH=33130