[DMCForum] Andrei's fuel system ...was Florida get-together

[DMCForum] Andrei's fuel system ...was Florida get-together

> My tank is clean with a filter before the pump and one on the return it
is
> still clean.

I can understand putting a filter before the pump, but you also have a
filter on the return?  If you are trying to keep your fuel tank clean then
you should be a lot more worried about filtering the fuel BEFORE you even
put it in the car.  Every time I look in my tank, I see more crap in it,
but
I'm sure it is coming from the filling stations.

> My problem is the lines under the body and the accumlator, the
> only parts I havent been able to soak with berryman.

Unless these lines are rusted inside, I wouldn't expect them to hold much
debris.  Just running the car with a few tankfulls of Berryman should
loosen/dissolve anything like that.  And then the fuel filter should catch
any of that before it gets in the engine.

> And 4 of the injectors
> need to be removes and cleaned with my special reverse flow rigg.

Tom & I put the ends of his fuel injectors in test tubes and watched the
spray pattern.  Two of them could have been better.  We replaced all of
them
with new ones, and the car ran much better after that.  We didn't try
cleaning the old ones.  I like your idea of reverse flow cleaning, but
this
would get really tricky.  Don't the injectors have built-in check valves?
This isn't to prevent reverse-flow but instead to make them open only at a
certain pressure.  I can't imagine reverse flushing them unless you come
up
with something that pressurizes the valve to open it and then reverse
flush
before the valve has a chance to close.  I suppose it would be a kind of
vibrating fixture and a pain to build.  If you can reverse flush an
injector
just by forcing fuel backwards then I think that the injector has a bad
internal valve.  But then maybe you know something that I don't?

> Then once
> the car will run for more thatn 20min and get up to temp the raito needs
> be set, since I know it is off having rebuilt the distributor many times
> now....

As long as you have the same distributor the adjustment shouldn't change
by
much (unless you changed some internal calibration).  Why have you rebuilt
it so many times?  Does it keep clogging up?  How do you seal it back up
once you've had it open?  I hear that those seals are one-use deals.

Walt

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=251812.3170658.4537139.1512248/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1564415/R=0/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60164784&partid