Re: [DMCForum] Remove Air inlet & mirror?

Re: [DMCForum] Remove Air inlet & mirror?

Well I would have answered earlier, but my keyboard wouldn't work.  And I
can't type messages using the mouse. ;-)

I am ignorant about the quarter panel vent.  But I do know a lot about the
side mirror, so here goes:

Jan already mentioned the 3 screws that hold the housing to the door.  But
if the mirror is loose in the housing then you will need to unglue the
mirror and look under it.  How you procede depends on what style of side
mirror you have.  There are two -- an early VIN style and a later VIN
style.

As for the early style:  I have removed two mirror glasses without
breaking
and without using a heat gun.  I just pried my fingers under the glass and
pulled slowly.  But undoubtedly a heat gun and a butter knife could help
if
yours is stuck better than mine were.  I have explained this all more
eloquently before, so when I find it in my archives somewhere I'll post it
here.

As for the later style: the mirror glass is recessed somewhat into backing
plate that could make removal more difficult.

I have Kayo Ong working on cutting out new convex mirror glass.  He used
be into making aquariums, cutting glass, etc. so he is very positive he
will
find a quicker & easier way to make them than I have.  If it works out
then
I'll be selling them at a minimal markup like the Inconel 718 trailing arm
bolts.  You want a set?  $46 plus shipping.  They are on their way from
England now.  Several are staying in England under the care of Martin G.

Walt

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=247865.3269369.4566997.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1482387/R=0/*http://ads.x10.com/?bHlhaG9vaG0xLmRhd=1052359856%3e
M=247865.3269369.4566997.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705126215:HM/A=1482387/R=1
=1052359856%3eM=247865.3269369.4566997.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705126215:HM
/A=1482387/R=2>

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=247865.3269369.4566997.1261774/D=egroupm
ail/S=:HM/A=1482387/rand=531683012>