[DMCForum] Re: Gullwing Magazine

Walt & Forum

During the editing of the article we contacted the author several
times to go over the coverage of areas that might be able to be left
out.  We noted at the beginning of the article that in some cases it
would be easier to use the instructions that come with the Toby
bolts.  While we could have cut some things from the article, we made
the decision to provide the reader with more information than they
may need rather than not enough.  The article was also presented to
Toby and he gave it his blessing.  The author has also included his
email address if the reader had any questions, concerns, or problems.

We strive to get information from the most experienced and respected
sources in the DeLorean community.  Even with that kind of input,
there will be times when some will not totally agree with the
information given.  We understand that and encourage you to contact
us at gullwingmagazine(@)juno.com if you have any questions or
concerns.

Sincerely,

Ron & Cheryl

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Walter Coe" <Whalt@xxxx> wrote:
> I got my second issue but haven't had time to read much of it yet.
It looks
> terrific so far.  I read the technical article about replacing
trailing arm
> bolts.  I disagree with much of his procedure.  He says to do many
things
> which are totally unnecessary such as disconnecting the lower
control arm &
> drive axle from the hub carrier.  He also says to disconnect the
flexible
> brake line from the trailing arm which is nearly impossible to do
without
> destroying it depending on if there is any rust in the connection.
And
> disconnecting it is totally unnecessary anyway even with an
automatic
> transmission in the way.
>
> He says to put things back together with red Loc-tite.  Bull-
fucking-shit!
> You only use that stuff if you never intend to take them apart
again.
> Loc-tite even warns that it takes heat and considerable force to
get things
> apart again -- if it is even possible.  I wouldn't go heating the
CV joints
> & hub carrier.  And I feel sorry for the next owner of that car.
>
> But still, it's a good article and a great magazine.  They just
need some
> technical editors.
>
> Walt

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor