[DMCForum] engine issue...

I am posting this for someone who is not on the list.  What do you guys
think?

Greg

--------------------------------------

5 speed car. The car runs as
far as Idle goes, but won't get out of it's own way. acts like a miss but
don't think it is. Also fuel pump seems to run non stop As soon as you
turn
the key the pump kicks on and does not go off like most cars after so
long.
Pops and coughs when you try to rev it. Once in a while you can push down
on
the flap and make it come alive. Heard of this problem?? Just thought I
would
ask. If you or any of your buddies have ideas please forward.

Basically the main air intake flap. I know that is not the proper term,
but
it is in the center of the intake where the breather bolts on. Again the
car
won't get out of it's own way. I can't get it to rev up to reasonable RPM.
can't decide if it's loading up or starving for fuel. I am not sure if the
fuel pump running all the time indicated a fuel pressure problem. It's say
it
was a bad miss if it were a carb. in stead of fuel injection.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=251812.3170658.4537139.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1564416/R=0/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60164797&partid
=3170658>