Re: [DMCForum] new baby born!

Dick Ryan wrote:
> I constatnly marvel at how the internet has changed
> our world.
[snip]
> Hopefullly this shrinking of the world will ultimately
> result in a more understanding, tolerant environment.

Dick et al,

I agree wholeheartedly. Back when I discovered ytalk and IRC, I thought
it was amazing that I could "speak" to people from all over the world
without a high-powered HAM radio. In my IRC Undernet heyday I regularly
talked (texted?) to people in Turkey, the Philippines, the UK,
Australia, Canada, Germany, Italy, former Russian republics, and of
course many different areas of the U.S. I've kept in touch with some of
those people better than I have with people I've known in person.
Recently I got in touch with a friend of mine from Canada (now in Cuba);
I also speak regularly to people all over the world via the DMCForum and
the ever-present Yahoo, AOL, and ICQ chat mechanisms. (Not as many as a
few years ago, but then again I don't jump on IRC anymore since its
popularity waned and I'm working a lot more than I was then.) For the
most part we all have little in common save a thirst for knowledge of
other cultures and places, and the hope that as our world gets smaller,
it also gets friendlier. We share music (well, not literally), ideas,
stories of family and friends and events, and a small amount of
remaining awe that just twenty years ago none of this
nearly-free-of-charge communication was possible. It's even made me
aware than even though I live in the land of Cajuns and rampant
Bible-thumping, there are some good people out there, even if they are
decades older than I am and live hundreds of miles away. LOL And I've
got some good tips on where to move when I do get out of here. ;)

It almost makes it worth the spam.

Here's to the Internet, the people on it, and of course the greatest
automobile ever conceived. :)

Kind regards,
Farrar Hudkins
Announcer/Producer
89.9 WWNO FM New Orleans / 90.5 KTLN FM Thibodeaux-Houma
Live audio stream @ www.wwno.org

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=240537.3205940.4514162.2595810/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1368546/R=0/*http://shop.store.yahoo.com/cgi-bin/clink?netflix2+
shopping:dmad/M=240537.3205940.4514162.2595810/D=egroupweb/S=1705126215:HM
/A=1368546/R=1/1051744257+http://us.rmi.yahoo.com/rmi/http://www.netflix.c
om/rmi-framed-url/http://www.netflix.com/Default%3Fmqso=60156051>

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=240537.3205940.4514162.2595810/D=egroupm
ail/S=:HM/A=1368546/rand=695884288>