RE: [DMCForum] Re: a project De Lorean...

RE: [DMCForum] Re: a project De Lorean...

>Some of the
>"process" of stuffing the rotary into the D was documented on DV.  I was
>actually going to make a (real) movie out of it with some cheesy script,
>but never got around to it.

I would be very interested to see how that car was put together and would
love to do something like that in the future.

>I should have been more specific about you crazy bastards.  I meant
>specifically Dave, Greg, and Rick.  Walt is probably the most normal
>person here.  Now there's a real brain bender for you.  Dave and Greg are
>in the same category, people that think paying good $ to restore a car is
>"fun", making it worth the $$.  Rick is just crazy.  He may be
>technically insane, I am not sure...

Walt being the most normal?  Well, yea, that is indeed a mind bender.  No
offense intended Walt. But in the context that you described me as a
'crazy
bastard', I can only take that as a compliment, thank you.  :)

>I have heard of that, but i don't think that was the original intent!!
>From what I remember, the tach and the oil pressure gauge was reading
>funky.

The tach is resting at 2750 RPM and the oil pressure gauge is just over
half.  Anyone else have a comment on this?  Dave?

>Honestly, you could not pay me to take it.  After the 3R D, and the
>ridiculous amount of time and $ that went into it, I am OUT of the
>Delorean restoration (well, and modification) business.  If I thought I
>could make a buck by fixing it, I would buy it.  Honestly, I think you
>have a good shot at that.. It all depends on how many "little things" you
>NEED to buy to get it running/driving right.  It's hard to tell until you
>really start looking.  Those little things add up more than anything
>else.  I mean things like the headlight housings, master and slave
>cylinders, fuel injectors, spark plug wire set, interior parts, steering
>rack, suspension.

Ah, but it's the pursuit Jim, the pursuit :)  Eh... to each their own.
Thanks for the input.

Greg

Get A Free Psychic Reading!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/cjB9SD/od7FAA/AG3JAA/HliolB/TM