Re: [DMCForum] Re: a project De Lorean...

Re: [DMCForum] Re: a project De Lorean...

> Oh come on Jim, tell me what you really think. Just kidding about
that, I
> appreciate everyone's honesty on what they think.  Do you have a site
up
> that shows the process you went through on resurrecting 1537 to what
> it is today?

No process.  Just final product with a couple sucky pictures.  Same place
as ever, www.eliseusa.com/rotary.htm .  The title may be wrong.  It says
"world's first rotary delorean", though i have heard from PJ Grady that
there is another.  Maybe it should say "3 rotor rotary".  Some of the
"process" of stuffing the rotary into the D was documented on DV.  I was
actually going to make a (real) movie out of it with some cheesy script,
but never got around to it.  Anyone into movies?  I have a couple, one at
the rotary.htm page, another movie of my girlie and our apartment that I
just made; if anyone wants to take a look and tell me what they think,
www.eliseusa.com/apartment.wmv .

I should have been more specific about you crazy bastards.  I meant
specifically Dave, Greg, and Rick.  Walt is probably the most normal
person here.  Now there's a real brain bender for you.  Dave and Greg are
in the same category, people that think paying good $ to restore a car is
"fun", making it worth the $$.  Rick is just crazy.  He may be
technically insane, I am not sure...  When I looked at what he did to his
Delorean, I said "Damn, this guy makes my conversion look like it was
done by Sally Homemaker!"

> What specifically about the gauges looks broken?  My understanding was
that
> the gauges will rest at different points when the key is off.

I have heard of that, but i don't think that was the original intent!!
>From what I remember, the tach and the oil pressure gauge was reading
funky.

> The shitty red paint is literally falling off of the car.  I pulled the
rub
> strip off in some areas and the stainless is as-new behind that, and
every
> other place I knocked it off.  In this case, it is a very good thing
that
> the paint job is so bad.  I looked for body filler and didn't see any
so it
> looks like what I see is what I get in the body panel department.

looks like you are golden with the paint.

> Thanks, Jim.  I am sure I will have tons of questions in the future.
>  By the way, what would you think the car is worth or what would you
pay for
> it?  I am guessing you have already seen the asking price.  Thanks
again
> for your input.

Honestly, you could not pay me to take it.  After the 3R D, and the
ridiculous amount of time and $ that went into it, I am OUT of the
Delorean restoration (well, and modification) business.  If I thought I
could make a buck by fixing it, I would buy it.  Honestly, I think you
have a good shot at that.. It all depends on how many "little things" you
NEED to buy to get it running/driving right.  It's hard to tell until you
really start looking.  Those little things add up more than anything
else.  I mean things like the headlight housings, master and slave
cylinders, fuel injectors, spark plug wire set, interior parts, steering
rack, suspension.  If all these things are in working or reparable
condition, it won't cost too much to replace the obviously broken stuff
like the door, a couple fibreglass repairs, some electrical work, and
taking off the rest of that paint.

did someone imply I was not Jewish folklore material?
Gollem

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

Get A Free Psychic Reading!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/cjB9SD/od7FAA/AG3JAA/HliolB/TM