Re: [DMCForum] a project De Lorean...

Like the other guys said... if you've got enough money, time, and passion
you can really bring *any* D back.

A few things about this car that scare me though:

1) The fiberglass underbody being cracked in that spot.

2) The state of the frame... looks like the impacts crunched it some. That
opens a can of worms because it probably caused the epoxy coating to
crack... possibly allowing water to get in under the epoxy and rust away
the frame (which looks pretty rusty in some spots to begin with).

3) The crunched door appears to be letting the weather in. The crunched
door also happens to be on the side of the electrical compartment... which
kinda scares me. Is there visable water damage to the inside of the car?
Check inside the electrical compartment if so and see if there's any
moisture build up.

I'm not sure how much you know about Ds... so I don't wanna ramble on and
tell you a bunch of stuff you already know. But if the car has been
sitting a few years (looks like it has), then be prepared to go through
all major systems... fuel, brake, clutch, etc. I think it would be great
if you could bring this car back to life, and I hope we don't scare you...
it's just you'll have quite a project on your hands :-). So what would
your plans be for her, keep painted and modify, or restore to original?

Louie Golden
VIN 10115 Sanford, NC

Don't be left out! Register today for the 2003 DMC Open House Event at
http://www.delorean.com/2003event.asp

Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important
Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z_CBYA/vB5FAA/AG3JAA/HliolB/TM