Re: [DMCForum] Re: computerclock

This is exactly what I am talking about!  Memory problems.  We stuffed in
another 128 of ram (256 total), but it only made a marginal difference.
We could not seem to allocate more memory to adobe.  Maybe because ya
can't, or maybe because we're mac idiots.

Either way about it, the whole experience seemed annoying and
non-intuitive.  One mouse button?  How the hell is THAT supposed to
work!!?  I can see why any Mac user would say the same about windows.
(two mouse buttons?  what's the other one do??)  Everything is done so
differently (even if they do "look and feel" the same)  that jumping
across platforms is painful.

Jim

On Sun, 20 Apr 2003 21:12:29 -0500 id <ionicdesign@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> The big thing with the Mac's freezing up when they do is from lack of
> memory. Adobe and Quark Express both use tons of memory just to run
> properly, add another large file and any computer will crash. I have
> only 128 MB of memory in my Mac G3 with 233 MHz and i cant run Adobe
> Photoshop or Illustrator at the same time with my Quark Express with
> out
> it freezing due to low memory.
>
> My old IBM lap top runs Windows 98 SE and never crashes because i
> have
> more memory than i would ever use at one time plus i only use it for
> stupid IBM joke E-mail's.
>
> Now the big argument is VIRUS' if anybody wants to argue about
> something. 99.9% of all Virus' are made just for IBM. I have had
> E-mail's sent to me on my Mac that i saved for years (4 years to be
> exact) till i could get a IBM to open them up with. These were
> stupid
> joke emails i had saved because they were IBM files and i knew i
> would
> get a IBM someday so i saved all of them and eventually forwarded
> them
> to my new IBM laptop and found out they had Virus' in a couple of
> them
> and they never effected my Mac.
>
> Now the DeLorean is a IBM that we are all converting to a Mac by
> eliminating all of the Virus' and conflicts so we have a smooth
> running
> Mac i mean DeLorean.
>
> Mark
> 6683

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

Make Money Online Auctions! Make $500.00 or We Will Give You Thirty
Dollars for Trying!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/yMx78A/fNtFAA/i5gGAA/HliolB/TM