Re: [DMCForum] Re: computerclock

The big thing with the Mac's freezing up when they do is from lack of
memory. Adobe and Quark Express both use tons of memory just to run
properly, add another large file and any computer will crash. I have
only 128 MB of memory in my Mac G3 with 233 MHz and i cant run Adobe
Photoshop or Illustrator at the same time with my Quark Express with out
it freezing due to low memory.

My old IBM lap top runs Windows 98 SE and never crashes because i have
more memory than i would ever use at one time plus i only use it for
stupid IBM joke E-mail's.

Now the big argument is VIRUS' if anybody wants to argue about
something. 99.9% of all Virus' are made just for IBM. I have had
E-mail's sent to me on my Mac that i saved for years (4 years to be
exact) till i could get a IBM to open them up with. These were stupid
joke emails i had saved because they were IBM files and i knew i would
get a IBM someday so i saved all of them and eventually forwarded them
to my new IBM laptop and found out they had Virus' in a couple of them
and they never effected my Mac.

Now the DeLorean is a IBM that we are all converting to a Mac by
eliminating all of the Virus' and conflicts so we have a smooth running
Mac i mean DeLorean.

Mark
6683

Jim Strickland wrote:

>  Dick, I would not call the Delorean's underpowerment "perceived".
> You
> are right that it seems there are likenesses between the D and Mac.
>
> I hate windows more than anyone, it is flaky and annoying.  If there
> were
> something better, I would use it.
>
> Erik, you are the typical mac person.  "Mac's the best, IBM sucks, and
> don't want to argue about it becuase I'm right."
> I just don't believe that your Mac has never crashed under constant
> intensive use.  I just don't buy it.  I've fought TOO MANY TIMES with
> my
> friend's G4 that is always locking up.  He's an artist and deals with
> very large files in Adobe, and the machine locks up a few times a week
> at
> least.
>
> I thought his new machine was going to be "all that" becuase mac
> people
> always talk up a storm about how great the machines are.  What a
> disapointment.
>
> Apple invented firewire, Intel invented USB.
>
> About your 350 MHz g3 "blowing away" than a 700MHz intel, WHATEVER.
> Here's a test that popular mechanics did with IBMs and a couple Macs.
>

> ttp://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/computers/1998/10/_Computer_Co
>
> mparison/print.phtml
>
> I bet your Delorean is faster than mine too.
>
> Jim
>
> My computer running MS DOS never crashed either, doesn't say much

> Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

Make Money Online Auctions! Make $500.00 or We Will Give You Thirty
Dollars for Trying!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/yMx78A/fNtFAA/i5gGAA/HliolB/TM