[DMCForum] Re: TIE ROD ENDS

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "rmclemns" <rmclemns@xxxx> wrote:
> I've got a minor problem and thought I'd better ask before I break
> something.  My "D" has less than 8K miles and has most of the
original
> parts.  I noticed the boots on the tie rod ends had deteriorated and
> bought a new set to replace them.  When I took the lock nut off the
> top of the tie ron end, I was unable to get the end to drop down.  I
> used the standard Chevy technique of tapping the top of the end, but
> to no avail.  I didn't want to give it too big whop, cause I wasn't
> sure if I might break something and be in worse shape than when I
> started.  Does anyone out there know a way to separate the tie rod
end
> from the knuckle without causing damage???

Hi,

I want to let you know that I'm also bussy with replacing all ball
joint and tie rod ends boots.This on both sides.
I'm using the spreader tool mentioned before and works perfectly,and
if you are doing it right and with care you will not damage the old
boots or the ball joints including the treaded ends.This is the
trick, use the spreader tool and install it with care as follows,
remove the nut ,fork-end under the boot (remove the spring if
nessecary) and the clamp-finger on top of the ball joint tread-end (
be sure that it's is installed good before spreading.
The boots that I'm using for the tie rod ends are made of rubber with
the following (metric)demensions 14mm and 29mm.

Spread, and they will come of within a few minutes.If you want I have
picture(s) of my work send to you!!!

I'll hope that this info hepls you, if you have any questions let me
know.Maybe I can help.

Regards,

Gabor

VIN#16105
The Netherlands

Question:

Does someone knows what kind of oil is needed (Oil specification)for
the steeringwheelhouse????? And aswell the oil level or quantity
needed/filled?

Thanks in advance.

Make Money Online Auctions! Make $500.00 or We Will Give You Thirty
Dollars for Trying!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/yMx78A/fNtFAA/i5gGAA/HliolB/TM