Re: [DMCForum] Re: TIE ROD ENDS

Speaking of which, has anyone had luck using the tie rod separator
without destroying the boot?  I haven't.  I have wondered if real
mechanics have a hundred extra boots sitting around so they can replace
it after destroying the old boot.

Jim

> Hello.
>
> The correct tool is a tie rod separator.  It's a two pronged fork
> with sloped teeth.  They aren't too expensive.  You might have to
> really hammer it, but it won't damage anything but the boot, which
> is
> already wrecked, so who cares.
> If your boot was damaged for any length of time, the tie rod itself
> needs replacing too, from dirt contamination, probably.  Lot's of
> people on the list know of cross references.  I don't.  Sorry.
>
> Rick Gendreau

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

Make Money Online Auctions! Make $500.00 or We Will Give You Thirty
Dollars for Trying!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/yMx78A/fNtFAA/i5gGAA/HliolB/TM