Re: AW: [DMCForum] power brakes

huh?  Of course there are!  In the olden days it was called HYDROBOOST.
Not sure if they still call it that now.  It's in a lot of trucks, suv's,
and I think all those granny cars where the brake pedal falls the floor
when you look at it.

All ABS's (that I know of) have electric hydraulic pumps, as well as cars
with traction control.  The pressure has to come from somewhere.

Jim

On Sat, 19 Apr 2003 08:59:06 +0200 "Elvis Nocita" <elvisnocita@xxxxxx>
writes:

> Jim,
> are there cars out there with hydraulic power assistance ?
> I've never seen that. Even the newer Mercedes 350SL from a friend
> has
> nothing but vacuum assistance ?!? By the way - this car has a double
> vacuum thing. This would be interesting for the D too, as there is
> no
> space for a larger(in diameter) unit and the brakes still could be
> improved. (At least for the cars that cross the 88mph border every
> once
> and a while...)
>
> Elvis
>

> Vacuum assist, arguably, does not qualify as power brakes.  In this
> situation, every car made in the past 20 years (less the elise)
> would
> have "power brakes".  I do not think this is so.
>
> To me, power brakes needs a hydraulic booster.  It either has it's
> own
> pump or steals hydraulic pressure from the power steering pump.
>
> Jim
>

> On Sat, 19 Apr 2003 00:16:23 +0200 Jan van de Wouw
> <delorean@xxxxxxx>
> writes:
> > On 19-04-2003 21:17, Jim Strickland wrote:
> >
> > > 4. power brakes
> >
> > We DO have "Powerbrakes"...
> > They're vacume assisted...
> >
> > JAN van de Wouw
> > Thinking Different...   Using a Mac...
> > Living the Dream...   Driving a DeLorean...
> >
> > #05141 "Dagger" since Sept. 2000

> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

Get a FREE REFINANCE QUOTE - click here!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/2CXtTB/ca0FAA/i5gGAA/HliolB/TM