Re: [DMCForum] Great Ad

hm, thats a good thought about the wheels, but I still don't think so.
Wheels don't BUMP like that, I think they would just lean against each
other..

Even if they did, explain why the wipers stopped wiping....

Either way, I don't know if I want a car that works on the principles
demonstrated.  And I certainly don't want those tires on the car!

Jim

On Wed, 16 Apr 2003 08:09:40 +0200 Jan van de Wouw <delorean@xxxxxxx>
writes:
> On 16-04-2003 05:03, James A Strickland wrote:
>
> > I am a little confused about the tires rolling uphill....?
>
> This is SO simple...
> They rigged the wheels with a weight and a small stop on that board.
> When stationary the weight is at the top of the wheel and the wheel
> is held in place because of a piece of strip on the board.
>
> A SLIGHT tap is enough to disturb the equilibrium and make the wheel
> roll.
> While the wheel seems to roll upward, its center of gravity comes
> down,
> all according to the laws of physics...
>
> I happen to know an artist who makes these kinds of installations
> and helped him rig one once that had a "performance" of over 10
> minutes.
>
> JAN van de Wouw
> Thinking Different...   Using a Mac...
> Living the Dream...   Driving a DeLorean...
>
> #05141 "Dagger" since Sept. 2000

Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com

Get a FREE REFINANCE QUOTE - click here!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/2CXtTB/ca0FAA/i5gGAA/HliolB/TM