Re: [DMCForum] Re: Twin Turbo Kit on Ebay

Dick Ryan wrote:

>Anything is possible.  Nothing however is free and
>very little is really easy.  For example, intercoolers
>reduce the boost.  And, HP is lost for each degree of
>retardation.  To compensate, boost must be increased.

Not quite. An intercooler will increase turbo lag because of the greater
volume that needs to be compressed. The more air you put in the engine
(compressed by a turbo or supercharger), the more fuel can be burnt. The
DeLorean's fuelling is measured by the flow of uncompressed air which
yields a rather nice side effect that in THEORY, the amount of fuel
delivered to the cylinder will be correct for the amount of air, even
under boost. However, the higher pressure and temperature (which is
lowered by an intercooler) in the cylinders makes the fuel burn FASTER,
so we retard the ignition. The same fuel is still burnt.  OR you can
inject disproportionately more fuel to compensate. My project car was
set up to use the cold start valve under boost which is a very simple
and cheap way to "see if it works".

Martin

DVD Rentals with No Late Fees - Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/ZKLNcC/pEZFAA/i5gGAA/HliolB/TM