Re: [DMCForum] Door lock parts WAS: door sizes...

Re: [DMCForum] Door lock parts WAS: door sizes...

> What pin are you referring to?

It is about as thick as a pencil led and maybe an inch long.  It holds the
white plastic thingy and the wafers together.  It has been a while since I
looked at one, so I'm going by memory.  The pin his held in with tiny
barbs/fingers that are cast as part of the tumbler(?).  To re-key it, you
have to remove that pin.  And when you do, those barbs break off.  I
didn't
see a way to fix it except maybe making a new longer pin and drilling
holes
for the ends to hold into.

I'm all for taking photos and making a technical article about it.  I have
taken several photos already of a bad lock but haven't scanned the
negatives.  Maybe I should just get a digital camera.

Walt

Get a FREE REFINANCE QUOTE - click here!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/2CXtTB/ca0FAA/i5gGAA/HliolB/TM