[DMCForum] Re: center console barrier

Hey Jim,
Didn't actually mean under the console, but on the sides of it!
I do have my DeLorean, I drove it down to NJ last september and put
it on a boat to Ireland (via Belgium). Looks like at the moment I
won't be back in USA until December this year/January next year, but
then it will be for good (fingers crossed)... I'll either sell my
car over here and buy another in the USA, or bring it back with me.

Are you living in Florida now? How's your DMC running? Someday I
want my car to be THAT fast!

John

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, James A Strickland
<ihaveanaccount@xxxx> wrote:
> or boyfriend, right John?  :)
>
> Putting the wires under the console would mean that they're
effectively
> outside the car!!  Probably not a great place for wires either,
right
> next to fuel line and connectors.  Also, I am sure it would really
be a
> task to move the harness threaded through a solid object.  Hmm- I
bet you
> could untape the harness and flatten it your pretty easily
though...  And
> take out the ashtray.  And remanufacture the shifter plate.  Hey,
are you
> crazy?  You don't even have your D right now!
>
> I remember walt was complaining about the center hump a couple
weeks ago.
>  Maybe he found a good solution (like the hood?)
>
> Smeagle
>

> On Fri, 28 Mar 2003 12:52:19 -0000 "dmcjohn" <dmcjohn@xxxx>
> writes:
> > hey lads,
> > One thing I noticed when I had the center console off is how
much
> > lower the barrier is between the seats with it removed! Has
anybody
> > ever thought of redesigning the console vinyl cover to make it
as
> > low
> > as possible? Maybe we could put the window switches on each
door,
> > and
> > put the rear defrost switch somewhere else. I know there are a
lot
> > of
> > cables under there but maybe they could be re-routed along the
lower

> > sides of the console instead of on top?
> > Although I like the way it looks with the high console, it
doesn't
> > make it very easy to fool around with your girlfriend in the car
> > does
> > it!
> > John

> Only $9.95 per month!
> Visit www.juno.com

Make Money Online Auctions! Make $500.00 or We Will Give You Thirty
Dollars for Trying!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/yMx78A/fNtFAA/46VHAA/HliolB/TM