RE: [DMCForum] More Inconel 718 TABs

> "Critical washers"? Not really. They are just spacers, and bear no load
or
> stress other than compressive. Plastic would actually even be
sufficient.

Dave, you have *got* to be kidding!  I have a bunch of washers from
various
cars, so I have a lot of evidence to look over.  There seems to be two
types
of deformation:

1) the bushing twists and wears a groove in the washer.  This shouldn't be
problem replacing with a new bolt that won't stretch or bend.

2) the washer crushes around a bushing that was probably tight.  What
leads
me to believe that the second case is real is noticing that the zinc
plating
is still intact even though it is now in the bottom of a deep groove.  If
the bushing wore this spot then the zinc plating would be the first thing
go.  I have noticed this kind of deformation from TABs that were tight and
not bent.

The OEM washers are apparently Grade 10.  I am convinced that this isn't
hard enough.

Granted, the stainless frame from PDC uses plastic washers, but the forces
are distributed over a large area and not from a thin sleeve.

Walt

Make Money Online Auctions! Make $500.00 or We Will Give You Thirty
Dollars for Trying!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/yMx78A/fNtFAA/46VHAA/HliolB/TM