[DMCForum] McKINNEY, TX DELOREAN

For those of you that are interested, I was able to view the Delorean
that was sold today in TX.  The winning bid was $5700 and whoever
bidder #1286 was, I hope they took a good look at the car before
bidding.

The engine had been reworked because of oil and water mixed in the
engine and after extensive work, as soon as they fired it up, the oil
and water mixed again.  Not a very good sign to say the least!!

The engine cover was in two pieces, the coating on all four wheels
was coming off, there was water and fuel mixed on the inside cover of
the fuel pump, the left rear turn signal was clear instead of yellow,
the drivers door lock locked every time you closed the door (with no
power on the car), and the list goes on and on.

If the buyer is going to part out the car, then they may get their
money out of it.  The stainless and the frame were is pretty good
shape.  The interior wasn't too bad, although the seats had a couple
small tears in the leather.

If they are going to restore it, then it will probably cost $5-10k to
bring it up to average shape.  Hopefully, no one from the forum was
bidding, cause I don't want to step on any toes.

MIKE
1630