Re: [DMCForum] DeLorean Mobile Home?

I remember when the Vixen was produced. To the best of
my recollection, JZD had nothing to do with it.  He
did build snow grooming machines for ski resorts (we
had a couple of them here in Steamboat), but I don't
think he was connected with the Vixen.  Could be
wrong, though.

Dick Ryan
VIN 16867
--- "Stragand, Dave" <dave.stragand@xxxxxxxxxxx>

http://www.team.net/html_arc/shop-talk/200301/msg00125.html

> > From my understanding, that's a Vixen.  It's a
> really unique motorhome
> > built by Delorean shortly before he was shipped
> off to jail.  Very few
> > of them were ever built, and they aren't quite
> production quality (at
> > least this one isn't), but they're very
> interesting cars in their own
> > right.  Powered by a BMW turbodiesel mounted in
> the rear.  The owner
> > gets something like 25mpg on the highway in that
> thing.
> >
> > The top pops up a'la dormobile.
>
> There are three pictures posted up at
> http://nbccwi.com/pics/index.cgi/vixen
>
> To me it looks like a combination of the "EM-50
> Urban Assault Vehicle"
> from the movie "Stripes" and the "Big Jim Sports
> Camper" I had when I
> was 4.
>

> Of course I'm familair with the DMC-80 bus project,
> but did they venture
> off into other industrial chassis as well?
>
> -Dave

> removed]

http://taxes.yahoo.com/

Yahoo! Web Hosting makes it easy to build a professional web site.
Sign up today and get free set-up, domain name, and more (up to a $100
value)
http://us.click.yahoo.com/m3JvCD/wCpFAA/46VHAA/HliolB/TM